cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When my broadband contract ends can I make it automatically cancel?

Burnsrowan2406
Visitor

It's my first time having a contract to myself so just curious what would happen if at the end of my contract I join another broadband service will my EE contract automatically end and not renew itself?

7 REPLIES 7
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Burnsrowan2406 ,

If you switch between two Openreach providers, this will be taken care of for you. It's worth reviewing the below URL and taking care of any exceptional circumstances that may apply to your case.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/switchi...

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, as long as you go with any ISP other than Virgin Media.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

No answer to the question

@kam3 : How's it not an answer? There's an official OFCOM-mandated procedure for switching between ISPs - see Switching broadband provider :

One-stop switch

If your current broadband service runs on the Openreach phone network, and you’re switching to another provider that also uses this network, you can follow a ‘one-stop’ switching process. (Companies that use the Openreach network include BT, EE, Sky, TalkTalk and Vodafone.)

Under this process, you don’t need to contact your current provider at all. Instead, your new provider can arrange the transfer for you.

Once you’ve contacted your new provider to begin the switching process, both your new provider and old provider must both send you a letter to inform you of the switch.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

When a broadband contract ends it automatically switches to a 1 month rolling contract which you must specifically cancel unless you are moving to a different ISP other than Virgin Media.

@pip11 : 14-day rolling with EE!

pip11
Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

@XRaySpeX  Stand corrected but think that is the answer @kam3  was looking for with his comment.