cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for smart hub plus

Markrose1980
Investigator
Investigator

I was recently about to end my broadband contact with BT and called them to advise I wouldn’t be renewing due to the price they proposed, the cancellation team persuaded me to move to EE full fibre 500 and told me this comes with a smart hub plus. Services swapped over from BT to EE on the 23rd Jan and too todays date I’m still waiting for my SMART HUB PLUS to arrive. I have spoke to numerous EE reps and they all keep telling me that I’m not eligible for a SMART HUB PLUS, only a SMART HUB, despite me being sold the SMART HUB PLUS and EE advertising that ALL full fibre packages come with a SMART HUB PLUS, this has been excepted to BT/EE Executive Complaints who claim that because I transferred from BT to EE I’m not eligible for a SMART HUB PLUS, would appreciate some help with this before my 14 day cooling off period? 

7 REPLIES 7
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Markrose1980   that does seem very strange given every advert and link says even the basic service comes with a Smart Hub Plus router.

Hopefully one of the New EE Team will see your post and get to the bottom of this one.

Stuart-H
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Markrose1980 

Thanks for posting, sorry you've not received the equipment you've been expecting.

I do know with some regrade journeys (BT to EE) staying on the smart hub 2 or smart hub work, however from your post if you have verbally been promised a Smart Hub Plus as part of your order journey this needs more investigation.

I've sent you a private message to ask for some more details we would need to help.

Thanks

Stuart

I’ve tried to reply to your private message with all the information you asked for but it won’t send for some reason.

i have sent I private message with my contact number can you please call me to discuss 

thanks 

Hi Stuart - I have had the exact same problem with my order when moving from BT to EE, no smart hub plus made available despite asking and having this confirmed at the point of order (on webchat). 
If there is anything you’d be able to do I’d appreciate it. 

Paddy-B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @swarrin,

Thank you for posting. I know that the Smart Hub Plus isn't available on all regrade orders from BT to EE. If you send me your information, I can take a look at the details of your order to make sure you receive the correct equipment.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team. 

Thanks,

Paddy

Hi @swarrin @Paddy-B @Stuart-H 

Im still in the same situation, despite being told at the point of sale I would also get the smart hub plus, I’ve asked EE on numerous occasions to listen to the point of sales call but nearly two months later I’m still waiting, I now have a case open with the ombudsman, however I don’t hold much hope in this getting resolved, I will think twice when choosing to use EE again. 

rtdaniels24
Investigator
Investigator

Hi All

Same problem with me. I moved from BT Fibre 500 at the end of Dec and was promised a new router and nothing has arrived. After making a few calls in January I gave up. I’m still using my BT Smart Hub which BT keep asking me to return.

Not brilliant service!

Richard