cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to Full Fibre and my landline doesn't work at all

Mackay54
Investigator
Investigator

I can neither ring out or receive calls on my landline. Caller ID, which is part of my plan worked for about 2 days. Anyone else had the problem, and how was it solved?

An EE presentative promised me some sort of adaptor, which never came. Are thse like the older ADSL filters we used to put on our phone lines?

8 REPLIES 8
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Mackay54  did you get a new router with a phone socket, and have you plugged your phone into this socket?

If yes, and you have one of the old ADSL dangly filters, then do give that a go. There have been reports that this will help.

Let us know how you get on.

HTH

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, they are not like ADSL filters. They are just like the ordinary BT phone sockets you used to have on the wall & are just the same as the phone socket on the router. You ought to be able to plug in to either any cordless DECT base station or any corded phone.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Tried that and sadly no success. has been referred to BT Openreach as EE customer service unable to resolve. Not optimistic.

Mackay54
Investigator
Investigator

Since the issue was referred to Openreach I have heard nothing , so my complaint could be being worked on, or not. I have no way of knowing.

This is unacceptably opaque. Ringing 150 to EE doesn’t solve the issue at all.  What is needed is a direct Customer Service and Complaints straight to BT Openreach.

I need to know if anything is actually happening to resolve the problem, when it is likely to be fixed and also if Openreach need access to my property in order to  effect a solution. How do I make direct contact?

Mystiqueen
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There are ways to contact them here:

https://www.openreach.com/help-and-support/when-to-get-in-touch-with-openreach

Let me know how you get on. Must be annoying not having your phone line working. 

@Mystiqueen   that link is not to get updates on faults - as the link suggests, any updaes will come from the Service Provider.

@Mackay54   If you contact EE they should be able to let you know what is happening and expected timescales.

https://ee.co.uk/contact-ee/technical-support/broadband-landline 

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi, @Mackay54 I'm really sorry you're having problems with your landline. Openreach would not normally be involved with a digital home phone fault unless there has been a problem porting the number. Did you get an update from the tech support team on the link @Mustrum posted?

Thanks

Neil

I got a call from an EE engineer this morning to say they had reconfigured my landline phone setup from scratch at their end. So far so good. Caller ID and voicemail are working again. The potential involvement of BT Openreach was because the previous EE customer service person could not find a solution to the problem.

Regards,

Charles