cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible speeds on 4gee home broadband.

Luwi
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going to have a moan here regarding the last couple of weeks service i've been receiving.

I'm on an unlimited plan, 4gee plan, due to living in a rural area where the landline speeds are a joke.

First 3 weeks, it has worked flawlessly, 30+mbs download, 2+mbs upload. Only on 1 bar of signal.

I had a external antenna fitted, but didn't improve, so had it removed and refunded.

Problems started 2 weeks ago when the network went down, no internet, no phone. No contact with anyone. Had to drive 15 miles to get a signal to find out what was wrong.

Pretty much lost a whole day of signal to my home and phone.

Last friday, I had a text to say that i'd hit 100% of my data, but how can I hit a limit on unlimited data ???

Now i'm getting really bad internet speeds to the point where the wife isn't receiving calls at home on her mobile due to the wifi calling playing up due to the poor speeds. Accessing a web page takes forever, or safari will tell me it cant access the page.

Numerous calls to EE and still not resolved. I'm getting told that I got throttled due to unfair usage (how can it be unfair usage on an unlimited plan, that I clearly stated when ordering that it will be my only means of internet and and access for all my devices)

Then i'm being told it could be an issue in the area, then another time I was told there's high usage in the area. 

I'm at my wits end now, especially with my wife and infant at home barely able to make contact to the outside world.

Am I entitled to terminate this contract due to being sold a service that's unfit for purpose ?

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Luwi 

There is no guarantee you can receive a signal everywhere. EE rural service is better than most providers but still if you live remote they there will inevitably be a trade off. Have you checked EE network status checker?

https://coverage.ee.co.uk/coverage/ee

As for your unlimited plan. If you check your T&C as anything over 600mb will be deemed non personal use and maybe subject to restrictions.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I am receiving 1 bar, and that was enough to get good speeds. It's only the last 6 days its been poor.

Spoke to tech again just now and it has been upgraded to a level 2, and are phoning me back after work. seem to think an engineer will have to visit the local mast.

It's a shame as i've been with EE for a number of years, but the issues i've had recently with the home 4g broadband, i'll be pushing to leave ifit doesnt get resolved and go with a competitor.

Surprise surprise, I didn’t get a call back. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Luwi

I'm sorry to hear you never received the call. 

I've sent you a private message for some extra details, if you can take a look and get back to me that would be great 🙂

Leanne

Hi @Leanne_T 

Thank you for your message. I have replied back.

Regards,

@Leanne_T 

@Claire.k

thank you for resolving my issues. Much appreciated.