Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartHub issues

kryptor
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I oknow  have ppreviously posted here on the forums about the new SmartHub that EE send when you take out their 1.6Gb fibre connection, but I'd like to onow is this new issue I have just me or does it affect others.

My phone is set tobise WiFi calling, when in work on the wifi that I have setup absoultely no problem calls and texts all work over wifi calling.....I get home from.worm and connect back to the SmartHub network and bang texts don't send, calls are hit and miss and it's not just afgevting my phone it's everyone who uses wifi calling connecting to my home wifi.

In the house we have 4 mobiles and when I can't send texts 90% of the time nobody else can.  We are able tonuse apps for messaging services just fine though.  I have turned turned the wifi off on the phones and used mobile data and then the texts will send.

Also I've noticed that I'm having issues with emails.  I have company email setup on my phone, can send an email when at work, when on mobile data but bang back at home again guess what, get told they won't send 🤦‍♂️

The router is so basic I can't even say that I have missed a tick in a box setting it up so just wondering if I am the only one with these issues?

Thanks in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Re your email issue: What have you put as the Outgoing Server settings (all of them) in your Mail app, obscuring your name?

Can you send emails from your phone at home when on mobile data?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi XRaySpeX,

Screenshot below of the settings with login details redacted.  Yes when on mobile data email sends, which is why it brings me back to ask about the maybe not so SmartHub 🫣

Screenshot_20240418_184639_Email.jpg

I dunno Exchange. That's an Exchange port. Is there a separate SMTP (Outgoing) port?

Can you receive emails on your phone when connected to the router?

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

As thr email system we use allows ActiveSync then it operates over port 443 which clearly would not be blocked by an ISP as it's required for secure browsing.  A quick search provides the following ports, but none of which can be entered as ActiveSync doesn't offer split poets for in/outgoing mail.

Screenshot_20240418_192616_Chrome.jpg

Yes, that's the same conclusion as I've come to. There should be no issue receiving or sending on Exchange's port 443 as it is no diff from accessing a secure website over HTTPS:. Hence I wondered if your Mail app addressed a separate SMTP port on insecure unauthenticated port 25 that is likely not to work away from the mail server's own network.

Had it been a port 25 issue for SMTP I would have assumed that EE mobile network ports would have also been blocked, but not the case.

Think I may need to invest sooner rather than later into my own router and dith rhis EE piece of junk, especially seeing as I can't do anything with it anymore.