cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Wfi Plus not working

Waveney
Visitor

I have been sent a Smart hub plus SH31B and Smart WIFI plus extender SW30A.  I am an existing EE broadband user, and wanted to change out my grotty (3rd party) extender to one that actually works.

The new Smart hub replaced the old hub without any issues.   

The Extender, started up, its light is a light blue, but nothing is happening.  I have tried it both wired to the hub and wireless.  I actually want to use it wired in the far corner of the house from where the hub is - to provide Wifi to that end of the house.   The cable is already there and has worked for years.

It does not appear on the network display for the hub.  

Also I would like to switch the light off when it is working.

(I'm a laptop guy, not into Apps)

4 REPLIES 4
Spenny74
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried pressing the WPS button on the extender and then the new hub?  The lights will turn blue for a few seconds and then go through the pairing process which can take about 5 mins or so.  

You can also connect to the web based portal on the router by typing 192.168.1.254 into your web browser, this will allow you to see both the hub and extender as well as dim or turn off the lights of the units.....

It may be worth doing a factory reset of both devices (hold in the reset button with a pin/paperclip for 20 seconds) and then try the pairing again if the above doesn't work straight away?

Kirso001
Explorer

I am in exactly the same situation. I can see a block named "WiFi extender. But it shows 0.

Any one had an answer to this ?

Look at this page and follow the Smart Wifi Plus instructions:

Setting up Smart WiFi

With the Smart Wifi Plus, I would do what @Spenny74 has already mentioned and factory reset them before installing.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.

Did that and all is now well . But it still doesn't show up in the main section of Hub manager. Tech showed me it is in a sub section of the wifi option.