cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent my router back in silver returns bag but they are saying it's not been deli

SassyBrit
Investigator
Investigator

So this is a on-going issue that has got us sent to debt collectors for £115 and then we received another bill for £800 that not even the debt collectors knew about. Until we told them. 

I have no idea what happened but we sent back our ee router in a silver bag that was marked on the returns label as XX10 1BT (I've looked this up and it is BT returns, Yorkshire distribution Centre, YDC, XX10 1BT.) 

Would EE send their stuff in a BT returns package? 
It's tracked so I checked if it had arrived and it had. But the tracking says it was delivered by Scottish RDC Delivery!!!!  So, after numerous calls etc as you can imagine, they sent us another silver bag - (which we didn't need) and that had a delivery address to Milton Keynes. So we are at a loss to why our last one was delivered to somewhere in Scotland. 
All we do know is that EE are insisting we have not sent it back, and meanwhile our £800 bill is just adding up until this is sorted. 
I didn't even think that EE could contact us again until the debt collection agency was finished with us - but EE did, with their new bill. Which said nothing about going to debt collections. The whole situation is just unbelievably awful. We can't send back what we have already sent back. And EE cannot do a parcel claim if they insist on asking us for more information (tracking etc) which we gave them, but 'they do not have a returns place in Scotland'. What more can I do? Was I sent the wrong bag? Was the parcel wrongly delivered? 

I dont know what to think, but we are not paying £800 for something we not only sent back but have never used. 

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@SassyBrit : Why does it matter? You own any EE home router. You may do as you like with it. It is yours to keep or otherwise dispose of. 

... Unless you defaulted in some way on your EE BB contract & they demanded the router back.

By visiting www.eehomebroadband.com/returns you can see EE's return label & return addy for home routers.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi, thanks for your reply.  The original issue is that we were sold the broadband/router on its own for £50 a month. And when we rang up about a query, another EE guy said we were paying way too much, so what he recommended was to send it all back within the 14 days return period (which we did and we are trying to prove) and then he recommended we buy a sim and a router of our preference - and we did TP Link. Bought a sim for fully paid upfront for a year and we're paying about £9 a month instead of £50. (You see we live out in the sticks and they couldn't provide us with any package/landline etc just the broadband, which is why we could only get it for £50 pm). 

I wasn't going to go into all this, as you can tell why lol 

So, we stopped the service. We sent back the router and sim, everything. Within the 14 day cooling off period. They say we haven't. So now they appear to be charging us for breaking the contract too.  That's the only thing I can think that would make it £800. But debt collector didn't even know of this bill. 

I just need to know where it has gone. And find a way to either get it back and send it to them, or have them agree to check it out for us, which they won't because we apparently sent it to the wrong place...

Thanks for that info about returns. That has another different address, Birmingham!  But the tracking number was similar and it started with the same first two letters and ended with GB.  Don't know if that means anything or not. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SassyBrit,

I'd like to arrange a call from a member of our Customer Care Team to look into this issue. I've sent you a private message to take some details.

James