Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-plugging router has stopped Internet connection

kenzlambz
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all

Openreach engineer came to install my full fibre today, this is my first property outside of my parents' house and I was glad to find out that the house already had FTTP.

All the engineer had to do was install a new ONT, which was all fine, and when I connected, the hub was working at full power basically immediately giving me just over 100Mbps on Wi-Fi.

The engineer said I was fine to unplug and move the power cable for the router around my unit. Since I've plugged it back in, the router has not been connecting to the internet and has been giving a solid yellow light.

On the ONT, the LAN light is green, the PON light is flashing green and the LOS light is off. I understand this means it's trying to connect?

I'm aware that I should wait until midnight for the internet to bed itself in, but I'm just confused that it was already working fine, and re-plugging it appears to have broken a chain or something.

I have tried different Ethernet cables between the router and the ONT. I have tried unplugging both ONT and router. I have also used a pin to press the master reset on the ONT. Nothing has changed the output from ONT or router.

Any help is massively appreciated. Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @James_B 

I got in touch with EE on the phone and they found that it was actually an external issue.

An engineer got to work on the street and repaired the line within an hour of calling. I'm now up and running perfectly.

Thanks for the welcome!

Kenz

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kenzlambz,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Has your router connected to the internet yet?

James

Hi @James_B 

I got in touch with EE on the phone and they found that it was actually an external issue.

An engineer got to work on the street and repaired the line within an hour of calling. I'm now up and running perfectly.

Thanks for the welcome!

Kenz

Thanks @kenzlambz  for letting us know.

Guessing you were just unlucky when you moved the router. Just wondering though why you had to move it, could you not have it where you wanted to start with?

Hi!

I wanted to move the router as it was just plugged in and rigged up "in situ" to make sure it worked - which it did until I tidied it up! Haha