Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Replacing EE Smart Hub with DECO

AndyChandler
Investigator
Investigator

I found your post when searching for "replacing EE smart hub with DECO

Today I received a DECO X73-DSL which I thought would be a breeze to set up. Unfortunately not. I  currently have a G-fast connection in my house FTTC to the cabinet. When setting up my broadband (I moved from SKY) the very helpful EE rep gave me details I would need for setting up a different router "PRODUCTIONHQNUN*********@fs" as user name and a password that began with "HQNPAFF*********" I must have misheard him and I saw from your post this should be "HQNPASS*********"

Unfortunately this hasn't worked. I'm left wondering if I have got something wrong. I have checked the "Technical log" of my "EE" router but it is showing the default  user name as "readytoconnect@fs

I am wondering where I have gone wrong.  Can you help please, I have tried various changes in the settings but nothing seems to work. Even tried leaving the password blank.

13 REPLIES 13

You're still not telling me on which device did you set the BB username?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@AndyChandler   assuming you did do the factory reset I too would have expected the username to have changed. That said I seem to recall some routers would report the readytoconnect on the initial pages, but show the proper one elsewhere, but I don't have that router to check, and can't remember the exact details.

That said if it is working OK you could leave it, or change it to the default BT one mentioned earlier in the thread. 

[

Sorry, I set up DECO X73-DSL with Broadband user name and password that was provided to me then went back to "readytoconnect..." when this did not work I just disconnected the DECO X73-DSL and went back to using the "EE" router with no settings changed on that.

The white "EE" router has always had the default  user name,not the "PRODUCTION" one that was given to me by a "EE" representative who said I could use if I changed router.

@AndyChandler : It's the device that's directly connected to BB that requires the BB Username & pwd. In your case the EE router. Setting them on the DECO will not set them on the router & hence it stays at default "readytoconnect@fs" . Now set them in the router & you should be good-to-go.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)