Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer/ Scanner recognition

Steve552
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I've just had an EE Smart Router installed and have lost access to my printer/scanner.  I've read that it can be read if you change your device (MacBookPro) to 2.4gHz but cannot find how to do this.  Is it possible, will it work and how do you do it?  It's getting urgent now............ obviously this wasn't mentioned when they were selling the router!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi James.

Sorted at last - thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Steve552,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you connected your printer to the new router's WiFi network?

James

@Steve552  Any device that was connected to your old router will need to be setup from scratch again to your new router.   You’ve changed the access point ie you have a new router and that has a new name of your network and that postcode for that access point is now different. 

As for not being told this did you ask ?  

your other opinion is to change your new Wi-Fi name to your old Wi-Fi name and also change the new passcode to your old passcode.   You’ll need to login to your router as admin in order to do this.    By doing this all your devices will just connect as they recognise the Wi-Fi name and the passcode is correct for them to just connect to your new router.   

Hi James

Thanks for the reply

If you have a moment could you give me some instructions on how to do this?  I'm really struggling with this......

Cheers

Steve

James_B

Hi @Steve552,

Do you still have the instruction manual for your printer?

That should include a section on how to setup up WiFi.

James

Hi James.

Sorted at last - thanks for the help.

James_B

No problem @Steve552 

Glad you got it sorted. 🙂

James