Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent broadband cut-off

Foreseer
Investigator
Investigator

Foreseer_0-1713892137972.png

Basically dealing with these lag spikes for months now, the internet basically completely cuts off (the black markings) every so often and if it doesn't, there's usually a huge ping spike which is as good as losing connection too.

Is there any way to sort this? Pinged support a few times, they resolved the issue a few times, then it's inevitably back again. Very frustrating as it messes with pretty much any application that uses the connection consistently, be it a video call, youtube, online game, etc.

6 REPLIES 6
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Foreseer  what service do you have and which router?

Are you connected via ethernet or WiFi?

Is anything else on your network that could be backing up info/data to cloud services?

TrueWill
Investigator
Investigator

i have the same issue, are you using their new Smart Hub Plus? the hub seems to be the problem

I thought so but swapping the router for a different one doesn't solve the problem, neither does contacting EE as they "fix it" only for it to reappear.

@Foreseer   you ne ed to give us a bit more info so that people can help you.

Have you made sure nothing else is running when you get the lag spikes, and also what service do you have and what is it you are connecting to?

Yeah, I've made sure, in isolation running separate distinct devices and evicting others from my router to make sure.

I also tried different routers here so make sure it's not a router issue.

Service -- pretty much anything. Games, video-calls via teams/zoom/discord, youtube..

The lag spikes happen usually in the evenings and at night/morning the connection is more stable.

@Foreseer   Sorry, but seems we are talking a different language! No offence.

But what service/speed/type of broadband connection do you have?

What router are you using? And what device are you connecting to your router? And what routers have you tried?