cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Openreach broadband checker

2Tristan
Contributor
Contributor

Since I placed an order with EE BB (still a provider switch as moving from old EE to new EE and BT and they count as serperate providers) my address seems to no longer show as available for sky and a few others, I am in flats and thw numbers next to me do show, its literally since I placed my order i dont, here is what the bt checker has: 

Screenshot_2024-02-10-00-55-30-082_com.android.chrome.png

8 REPLIES 8
2Tristan
Contributor
Contributor

It's just annoying as my new EE doesn't start for another 2 weeks and I still want to look around the market, but I can't because it doesn't show. The only option is to use my neighbours as we are in flats and all have the same connections and that works but I am afraid if I cancel my EE order for a better deal this change may be permanent and I will be stuck in this loop of not showing on availability checkers on Isps websites for ages and therefore miss the deals and stay out of contract. My address suddenly started as showing unavailable on all the ISPs as soon as I placed an order with EE and I can tell it's this as it doesn't effect my neighbours either.

The Openreach broadband checker has never shown availability of SKY, TalkTalk & a few other non-BT based ISPs. It is a guide for BT based ISPs only.

It shows that FTTP is not available there. So I don't believe you can get New EE Full Fibre BB there but only legacy EE FTTC BB.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Accidentally marked as solved, bu basically I don't think I explained it properly, since transferring my contract to new ee suddenly on Sky's system I am appearing as unavailable for all internet fttc gfast ect. when just before I initiated the transfer I was, i also know it's this as my neighbours still appear and they are in flats and therefore have all the same speeds and wiring as me and it worked literally the day before I began the transfer but not after. It is annoying as I still want to look around, but even after calling Sky CS they continue to say openreach and their systems say nothing is available at my address.

@2Tristan   what service do you have at the moment?

If you have a phone number use that on the BTW DSL checker, or if not the Access Line ID if you can get that, it should provide more accurate results than the address checker.

I was on EEs old fibre service, I assume fttc, 60-70mbs down 18-19mbs upload. I got a no landline plan and so can't get any info via that route nor can I find the line access id.

Have you asked the Broadband Care Team?

They don't seem to know what the problem is, I was wondering if transfering (because I am transferring from old to new EE which counts as a change of provider) maybe put a block on the line or something as I read that openreach systems does something to prevent you placing orders with other isps to stop someone transfering to like 3 different isps and breaking the system but I show up on every other company as still available for broadband just not Skys since transferring.

They don't seem to know what the problem is, I was wondering if transfering
(because I am transferring from old to new EE which counts as a change of
provider) maybe put a block on the line or something as I read that
openreach systems does something to prevent you placing orders with other
isps to stop someone transfering to like 3 different isps and breaking the
system but I show up on every pther company just not Skys since
transferring.