cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EE app wifi controls not working

niclawson
Investigator
Investigator

So looks like I am one of the customers who cannot access the wifi controls on the EE app for the new broadband service. Can see loads of people are having the same issue. I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app and rebooting the router but like everyone else this doesn’t work. Has there been a work around done for this yet?

20 REPLIES 20

Did they manage to fix yours? 

Still under investigation at this moment of time, I was told it could be corrupted files in the background between the new EE broadband accounts and legacy mobile accounts.

There isn’t any end date as of this time unfortunately. 

but I’ll try to post a update when I get one, but make sure you have it submitted to TMC the more reports they get the better.

niclawson
Investigator
Investigator

Yer been picked up by tech team so waiting on a fix.

Mine has been with TMC for 5 weeks. They can’t seem to find what the problem is. Lots of people affected. 

Right ok, they will find  fix soon enough, it’s just some faults can be very complicated and can feel like it’s taking forever for it to get fixed 

Bowkes
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently my issue is unique across the whole country and still isn't resolved after 3 months, my case has now been escalated to the data integrity team.  Its a pretty poor show that they released new products where legacy EE customers of many years (in my case) where the account just doesn't work properly.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bowkes : What is your unique issue?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Craig1987
Explorer

Haven't spoken to EE yet but had full fibre installed yesterday and haven't been able to get WiFi controls working, tried the obvious stuff like reinstalling the app and because I've found threads like this when I do speak to EE I'll be able to point out I know I'm far from the only legacy customer having this issue.

Always been happy with EE but it is annoying they've seemingly known about this for months and wouldn't warn existing customers of the possibility of a problem.

@Craig1987 : Don't work for me either, on legacy Fibre Plus. WiFi Controls are only intended for New EE BB. Obviously they should not be displayed to legacy users but that's the least of EE's worries with the EE app.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Barrnk
Visitor

Hi

Did you manage to get this sorted? I've been with BT for years , loved the app as it gave me control of the wifi and reduced the risk to my special needs son...however i got hoodwinked by ee to getting a new hub ..and now can't control the wifi , add parental controls etc.. Ee don't seem to want to know and I'm desperate to get this sorted...just wondered if you did ? And if so how.