Netflix issues

Sparxycat
Explorer

Hi all,

I currently am having issues with netflix keep going blurry on my TV, sometimes not loading and generally being useless. I use a draytek vigor 130 modem with an orbi mesh system and it only appears to be netflix on my Samsung smart TV that has issues. 

I've spoken to netflix support and they have blamed my ISP (EE). Has anyone else had similar issues at all? Coming to my wits end with it. Tried all sorts of changes to my orbi setup but no matter what I do nothing works.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sparxycat   Do other streaming services have the same issue.  

They don't at all. Prime, disney+ and nowtv are all fine. 

Running a speedtest.com via the TV browser return a 73mb down 18mb up which is great. Running it on fast.com (netflix's speed test site) I get 32mb down 12mb up but it's very intermittent and sometimes drops to kb's.  Just don't get it!

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Sparxycat 

Which TV model and firmware are you running. 

Have you run device care under settings. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

@Sparxycat   how is your TV connected to your router?

And how old is the TV? Are the Apps up to date? Have you tried connecting to Netflix via the TV browser?

As other Apps work OK, and you have good speeds, to me the TV would be my first suspect.

Are you able to access Netflix via another device, Laptop maybe or a Firestick or similar?

@Sparxycat   I have a similar issue with ITVX when all other TV apps work perfectly and the message on ITVX says my internet is the issue.   I don’t ever have a streaming issue with other apps ever just ITVX.     Just make sure there are no updates for the app.    Netflix will not say it’s their app and will always says it’s your internet regardless if you say it’s not a problem with other services.     All streaming services give this response even if you just say it’s their service and not any other service.   

I’m running an Apple TV and the connection is over 5Ghz Wi-Fi and I’ve got 78meg connections speed.   The Apple TV is around 7-8 meters from an EE smart Wi-Fi disk and the only issue is with ITVX and they will not except it’s there app and it’s my connection/internet.     The only app.    Oh and it’s only 1 of my 2 Apple TVs that have this ITVX issue.   And I’ve uninstalled the app, restored the Apple TV to factory settings.     Both Apple TVs are setup exactly the same as that’s an option when you link these to the same iCould account.     But it’s not their app regardless of what I try according to them,  I’ve even swapped over the locations of the 2 Apple TVs and the issue goes with the Apple TV so I know it’s not my internet connection as that changes depending on where the box is.     All other apps on my Apple TVs work perfectly even my 2nd Apple TV with this app is ok.  It’s just one Apple TV and ITVX.    

As far as I’m concerned the app isn’t fully compatible with this Apple TV/firmware on it