Mesh WiFi

Robb479
Investigator
Investigator

Hello, 

I recently swapped from BT broadband to EE, I have a previous mesh system using a 3rd party router setup and works fine now, my question is if I purchase a new mesh system will I need to change any settings like I had to previously or can I just connect the mesh devices up and be good to go?

If I do need to change settings can someone post the instructions as I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

many thanks  

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Any settings will be to the router not the Mesh. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for a quick reply, would this mean connect the smart hub plus I received from EE, changed the settings and then plug in my mesh devices once settings has changed? 

I wasn't talking about the SH+. I took it from your OP and your other thread that you were already using a 3rd-party router. 

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Sorry I’m not following 

my other thread was to do with my current mesh network, which as you answered worked fine. Thanks by the way 🙂

I just need to know if I buy a new WiFi mesh network, discard my old one will I have to connect the SH+ to change the settings so I can use a new mesh system, not my old one.

sorry if I’m not seeing the obvious answers in your replies.

@Robb479   you don't mwntion which broadband service you have, or router or Mesh system you have now or are thinking of getting. Are you intending to keep using your own router? If so there would be no reason to use the PN Hub.

I have EE’s gigabit full fibre plan (900mbps)

i currently use 2 asus routers in mesh, they are only WiFi 5 hence why the desire to get a new mesh system with WiFi 6 capabilities. I was looking at the tp link deco x55 mesh system, I have thought about adding on the EE smart discs but from my research they have only 1 Ethernet port when i currently need a 2/3 per mesh device, for a Ethernet backhaul and connecting devices via Ethernet. 

thanks

Nice.  You just need to connect the main router up as PPOE, enter the default BT username and connect it to the ONT.

No need to involve the PN Hub.

Thanks for assisting 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

I was going by your statement:

@Robb479 wrote:

I have a previous mesh system using a 3rd party router setup and works fine now

Therefore just keep using it & no need to get involved with the SH+.