cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managing Smart Hub Plus using EEapp

Dave8081
Explorer

I have just  transferred from BT TO EE broadband. Which went smoothly. I was impressed that I could transfer all my existing devices to the new hub by copying the old BT hub name and password to the new Smart Hub. I set the hub up using the app on my IPad. I have now tried setting my mobile up so I can also manage the Hub from my mobile. However, it wants me to scan the QR code on the router - but that QR code does not know the new Hub name and password, so I cannot set it up. I cannot see how I can set up another device without the QR code . Is there a way, or are you only allowed to use one device to manage the hub.

2 REPLIES 2
monitorcurve
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

When you scan the old BT hub QR code when setting up the new EE router it changes the SSID on the EE router to be that of the old router, just rename the EE router to the one on the back of the plastic card that comes with the router and change the admin password to the one on the card, and use the QR code on the EE router to set up the mobile app.

Dave8081
Explorer

Thank you for that suggestion. I was hoping that there would be another way around it, as renaming  back to the original router name would mean that I would the have to change all the connected devices which I was hoping to avoid. But if that is the only way around  my problem then that will probably be the route I will need to take. Many thanks