cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link accounts and set wifi controls

Shantih73
Visitor

I have two issues since having the new Smart Hub. Firstly, I want to manage the wifi controls. When I try I get an error message “We can’t load this information, not your fault ours, try again later etc”. This has been happening every time I’ve tried for over a two months. Within the app I also get the message ‘sorry you cannot view Manage right now. 

I also tried to link the new broadband account in the app to get the enhanced benefits but it tells me it’s linked to another account.

Tried to call via 150 and not one option is suitable for dealing with this issue so I went round in circles and gave up. Any advice please? 

6 REPLIES 6
qucharsky
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Choose the technical support, can’t remember what exactly it says. Might be something like if you have a fault with your broadband etc But do a search on the forum there are probably tens of posts about this issue. Sadly it is a widespread problem that people have and EE is apparently working on a fix but there’s no ETA. I didn’t have this functionality since I took my broadband in November 😂 

F8talfury
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

To get that same issue resolved I had it to, they’ll  need to fix the account linking first, ask to open a complaint and get the number explain what it is and ask for it to be passed to the TMC they can check it out and if like mine it’s because the data is out of alignment in one system they can send the request to get it fixed. WiFi controls will then work.  You may get issues ordering products linked to your new broadband account as well (got that one now). Can’t order ee tv or WiFi enhancer so going thru the pain again now.  The product migration shouldn’t have been launched it feels rushed and very badly tested.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. (Opt 2) in my sig.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
F8talfury
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yep that gets you to support but if it’s new EE and your account linking is in a mess they’ll have to transfer you to the new EE team, as annoying for them as us was my impression.  The team will try and help it’s just making sure the issue is logged and referred to the back office teams.  Based on the last 3 months I’ve pretty much mapped out the phone options and also the cs & tech support workflows oops.

@F8talfury : Well, there's no published contact no. for New EE BB, so you gotta start there.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
F8talfury
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yep in theory I’ve been told the system will eventually auto-route based on product just not yet,  just annoying for the guides and us customers. I’m used to it now.