Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Service and Upgrade to FTTP Advice

peperami97
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I currently have GFast via EE and the service has been good until the last month-6 weeks when I started to see short drop outs for 1-5 mins fairly regularly.  Pain as I work from home.  At this point worth saying my devices are all connected by ethernet, I have a non ee router and I work in IT.

Contacted EE and nothing obvious showing, line tests fine etc.  

Keeps happening, now I have also been having an issue whereby i can't renew my broadband contract on gfast because system says no despite Openreach saying yes.  No one can actually tell me why we can't get the order placed (for those in the know Harlequin says no)

Coupled with this Openreach have started on Fibre to the Premises on my estate.  I have a Connector block in the access chamber outside my house where my phone line terminates.  It is apparently not live though.

The other side of the street, supplied from the same cabinet can order it as their Connector block is live.

Now i suspect that the work to do with FTTP is disturbing my line and causing the intermittent drop outs.  I want FTTP (it was me that kick started Openreach by starting a Community Fibre Project which they stooped as they'd decided to do the work).

So what I am really after I guess if anyone has any suggestions on how I can use all of this to get my FTTP connection made live, put pressure on Openreach complain to someone so I can get a stable reliable internet connection.

I could apparently downgrade to FTTC but that would mean a 20mg down speed drop and more importantly for me a 50% reduction in upload times.

Help.

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Does EE's Availability Checker say you can get/not get Fibre Max (G.Fast) and/or Full Fibre (FTTP) at your addy/landline no?

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in JumperHigh Low High Low        VDSL Range A (Clean) 

VDSL Range B (Impacted) 

G.fast Range A (Clean) 

G.fast Range B (Impacted) 

8067.4201960AvailableAvailable--
8063.52018.555AvailableAvailable--
162.5133.421.78113.3AvailableAvailable--
122.87813.66.370.8AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33050--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 6--4 to 8AvailableYes
Up to 6Up to 14 to 8AvailableYes
Up to 5--3.5 to 7.5Available--
2----AvailableYes
2----Available--
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 6--4 to 8AvailableYes
Up to 5--4 to 8Available--
Up to 2--3.5 to 7.5AvailableYes
Observed Speeds G.FAST VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2022-10-022020-01-22
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL MulticastG.fast Multicast
Available
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
N
N
N
29-09-2022
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
N

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is not restricted at the exchange

FTTP is not available.

BT wholesale for my phone number, note the GFAST availability and Fibre on Demand.  I also know that the fibre exists right to the distribution cabinet outside my house (not lit I believe)

peperami97_4-1665064748726.png

if I use EE availability checker but not my account.  As soon as I use my account the fibre max 100 goes away.

Every other ISP that offers GFAST services says I can have it because Openreach Wholesale says I can.

Your speeds are considerably lower than the estimates, which router, is it plugged into a filtered master socket, is there noise on the line, have you a fault open with EE?

I have my own router plugged in to the Openreach Fibre Modem (an Ubiquiti device).  The openreach modem is plugged directly into the master socket.

I have raised a fault again today with EE, all the tests come back fine.

I don't seem to be getting noise on my line

Previously an openreach engineer has been out to test the line and they say its all fine.

Ben

You don't mention any dates, but from the BTW table you posted, your speeds were very poor on the 2nd of Oct:

SpeedObserved Date

2022-10-02
  • G.Fast: Is available but not the fastest. EE can offer it as Fibre Max 100 to new custs. I don't understand why it's not offering to you as a renewal but you can always continue as you are.
  • FTTP: Is not available. BTw is the wholesaler, not OR, & they have not made it available yet.
  • FTTP on Demand is a very expensive (£10000s) business product.
  • WBC FTTP is what you need to see appear on the BTw Checker.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)