cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a BT email and pay £7.50 now EE &BT are coming together.....

MarkE1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi Folks,

I have had a BT email since the mid 90s and it has become a big part of my on line life and I won't get another one like that now. I migrated to EE a long time ago and as a result pay £7.50 to keep my BT mail service now EE &BT have/are coming together could this fee be now waved? As it effectively the same company now.

5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

BT acquired EE in 2016, not sure why they would suddenly give away emails for EE customers.

Hi Mustrum,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes I guess that is right BT, would still like to make some money for keeping my e mail alive and servicing it, but I just thought it would be a good will gesture to customers of a sister company or even offer a discount. If I moved away from EE at some future date I certainly wouldn't mind paying again for my BT mail. unless I moved back to BT after all these years then my BT Mail would be free again possibly.

@MarkE1  It’s only free while you’re a BT customer, EE might be owned by BT but they are separate companies and if you want to retain and use your BT email address while not BT customer then unfortunately you’ll pay for that,    

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MarkE1 : BT Retail & EE have not come together as ISPs or providers of email. They are separate cos. with their own products, systems & prices. They just happen to both be subsidiaries of the same BT Group.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
MarkE1
Investigator
Investigator

Hi XRaySpeX (good band incidentally),

Yes I realized that they are part of the same Group but separate entity's. I was just putting it out there that it would have been a good gesture, I'll just keep paying the fee like I have over the last 12 years, it started out as only £1.50 now its £7.50 that's inflation for you!