cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is acceptable to fix a loss of service ?

Cedrik
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am experiencing a loss of my fttp broadband service due to inept contractors cutting off my connection when installing their own cables. I have been without fttp for 9 days now.

My case has been sent to the EE customer assist team and they tell me it's being 'sent for review' to Openreach (3 times now) and I've now been informed that 'potentially' I may have the service back early next week (2 weeks) on from when it was cut off !

Very frustrating, particularly as I work from home.

12 REPLIES 12

Did you get Automatic compensation for 14 days?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Its a bit early to be asking about compensation, as per the link in post 2:

How will you pay me the compensation?

We'll add it as a credit to your account within 30 days of missed appointment, activation of service, or fixing of the total loss of service fault.

Cedrik
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It's ongoing as I understand (sent to the auto compensation team). The whole episode had got me thoinking about a backup option (4G router / unlimited SIM)