cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting my landline back??

AndrewJByers
Investigator
Investigator

I had BT and recently switched to EE for my broadband.  BT had "gone digital" and the handset now does not register with my EE router.  Is there a setting / fix for this?

Thanks,

Andrew

6 REPLIES 6
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, EE don't offer Digital Voice. If you don't have FTTP (Full Fibre) you could order a landline.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@AndrewJByers   if the number is important to you, you make be able to get it back by signing up to a VOIP provider and asking them to get it back. There is talk from Ofcom about your number being available to recover for up to 31 days after you move.

You may also be able to do that if you are still on FTTC/ADSL, but may find it difficult convincing EE to do it/finding someone who knows how to do it.

AndrewJByers
Investigator
Investigator

Got it sorted.. EE porting me back to BT.  believe the speeds are better with EE than BT (not sure how as same line / cabinet / etc.) but have some elderly relatives who prefer to call a landline.

Missing a trick EE if BT (same parents but lack in sharing of technology?)  are hampering the market by creating a "service" that other providers can't match.

Thanks for the responses.  Much appreciated.

Thanks XRaySpex.  There was not a solution that EE could provide.  First "expert" on the call (2hrs 17mins) was hopeless (the answer is no, what is the question).  Ultimately back to BT so sorted for now.

Cheers Mustrum.  Think it is sharp practice of BT to "enforce" digital lines and be the only ones able to provision them!!

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & trust it is now sorted.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)