Full fiber

Rollerboy
Visitor

I don't understand how is that working. I have mobile with EE since 10 years. I have broadband around 9 years. 5G came to this country so i have mobile with ( 5G?) and ( how i've been told ) router with 5G? Im paying for 5G but i don't have it. This is realy drove me mad. In Poland my friends they have 5G routers and mobiles and those speed on broadband everywhere is:

For broadband - minimum 600mbs up to 1gbps

For mobile phones - minimum 300mbs up to 600mbs!!!!

SORRY bit why i pay for something what im not using?! 

You know what? I was a surveyor in Poland and fiber cables been instaled everywhere 15 years ago but here, in this country you selling 5G's firat and latere you're trying to put fiber cables!!! Do you think i am stupid or what?!

Doing speed tests on my devices i should to see min 600mbs on my broadband and min 300mbs on my mobile from that day when i renev my contract with you!!!!! 

I am realy angry now!!!!!!!

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rollerboy   Do you live in a 5G area ?  5G is not everywhere yet. 

Do you have a 5G router ?  Or are you using a fixed line for your broadband? It’s one or the other but you mention 5G router and that has nothing to do with fibre cables. 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Which is it you have, Fibre BB or mobile BB? 5G isn't Full Fibre.

Full Fibre needs to be laid to individual premises whereas the installation of a mobile mast reaches many homes at once.

What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)