cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP = No Landline

Absarnt
Visitor

Just looking for someone who may be able to point me in the direction of the order of things.

I'm currently on an EE Broadband + Landline package via FTTC. Using standard BT phones plugged into the copper connection.  FTTP has just been made available so I'd like to upgrade my EE package but they all say "No Landline".

Now I get that the copper is going so I have to move to some sort of digital voice service and I'd prefer to do that using new digital voice phones (which I can see are for sale in the shop).

The question is, what do I actually need to do to make a digital phone service work?

Do I have to do something to order a digital voice service or is it just a case of it working over the FTTP package from EE?

What happens to the existing landline number, is it retained somehow?

Are there costs associated with it (other than the phones)?

Sorry for dumb questions so be gentle!

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to order 1 of the New EE BB Full Fibre packages that come with Digital Voice (DV). This would keep your landline no. & you would be able to use your existing handsets. I believe that these New EE BB packages are not yet available to existing EE BB users.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)