cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eero mesh with Ee home router

pkbad
Visitor

Getting a lot of bad areas in house and also garden with EE home broadband - can I use EERO to create a mesh and if so do I still use the EE router provided by EE 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pkbad,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, you can use a mesh system with your EE router.

James

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pkbad,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, you can use a mesh system with your EE router.

James

Just signed  up for the gb EE router - and realised it’s significantly more powerful than my current mesh set up which will need to be replaced.

As it looks like we’ll be starting from scratch on that front, any recommended mesh systems/options  that work well with the current EE router? (not sure exactly what it is yet - sue to be fitted in a few weeks).

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

@christhorn - what mesh solution are you currently using? Are you moving to EE from another provider or are you an existing customer upgrading? It would be useful to understand which router you are being sent as it could be one of several.

Thanks @bobpullen .

i’m coming over from BT where I’ve curently got a  BT hub connected to a TP link combination of Deco M4 and M5s

Just checked the new documentation and it looks like U’ll be receiving a ‘Smart Hub Plus’ - expectee speeds of 900mbps (down) / 110 mbps (up). Sorry - that would have been helpful before!

Thanks again

bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Thanks Chris.

You're right in saying the capability of the Smart Hub Plus is (on paper) better than the Deco's, but I'd probably recommend you see how things perform in practice before making any purchasing decisions.

Your options would be to either subscribe to EE's Smart WiFi Plus, or purchase an aftermarket mesh solution of some sort. If you were to go the latter route, then you want something that's at least dual band WiFi6, with a 4x4/4x4 antenna array and support for 160MHz 5GHz channel width. That would put you on level'ish playing ground with the Smart Hub Plus. You could go one further and opt for a tri-band WiFi6E device which would also give you access to the 6GHz spectrum (assuming you have devices that support it).

If you go the after-market route (or even keep your Deco's), I'd suggest doing away with the EE kit entirely as it's unlikely it would be needed (most mesh kit can be connected directly to the fibre ONT with a small amount of configuration).

Fab, thanks again @bobpullen  -  was in a bit of a panic thatI’d need stuff ready before the new one is set up. This is very reassuring - really appreciate the detail and quick responses!