cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE wifi disk on network search

kcurrie65
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi I have my wifi disk up and running and renamed it in the EE my home app. When I search for available wifi connections I can't see its ssid. I see my hub ok and lots of other wifi things but not the disk @XRaySpeX 

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@kcurrie65  You’ll not see it it’s the same as your router it’s the same ssd  ( what you see when you search for it could be the Wi-Fi disk )  You just get a signal off it and your devices will latch on to it as you move closer to it.   It’s not a Wi-Fi repeater where you have 2 signals within your home.    It’s one network but with 2 different locations giving off the same connection.  It’s called a mesh network.  

Stand next to the disk and open the EE home app click smart Wi-Fi and then click the name you have the Wi-Fi disk, click connected devices and you should see your device connected to the Wi-Fi disk.   

If you click smart router in the EE home app and connected devices you’ll not see the Wi-Fi disk as being connected even through it is as it’s not a Wi-Fi repeater.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kcurrie65

It may be worth restarting all of your equipment. Have you tried looking for the WiFi disc on more than one device?

Chris

Hi yes equipment has been restarted and no it dosent show on any device. On WiFi analyzer it does show as a hidden thing but how do I un hide it ? The app offers no option like that thanks

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@kcurrie65  You’ll not see it it’s the same as your router it’s the same ssd  ( what you see when you search for it could be the Wi-Fi disk )  You just get a signal off it and your devices will latch on to it as you move closer to it.   It’s not a Wi-Fi repeater where you have 2 signals within your home.    It’s one network but with 2 different locations giving off the same connection.  It’s called a mesh network.  

Stand next to the disk and open the EE home app click smart Wi-Fi and then click the name you have the Wi-Fi disk, click connected devices and you should see your device connected to the Wi-Fi disk.   

If you click smart router in the EE home app and connected devices you’ll not see the Wi-Fi disk as being connected even through it is as it’s not a Wi-Fi repeater.

kcurrie65
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Ah got you. Yes that makes perfect sense thanks you. You should do there instructions for them that was a superb explanation and easy to understand so really appreciated thanks 

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@kcurrie65  No problem happy to help.   You’ll notice the difference with this setup as I have this myself and Wi-Fi is perfect when moving around my home.   Just find the best location for the disk.   You now just need to name all the connected devices so you know exactly what is connected at any one time if you really want to do that.   Best way to do this is turn everything off and switch them on and name them as they connect to the Wi-Fi.     

kcurrie65
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Again thanks. I logged into my hub to see if there was a setting there. There was a link to download an app from the play store. When you click it it takes you to the My BT app ha ha I already have the EE my home app