cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discs randomly dropping signal strength... am I the only one?

DonnaP13
Investigator
Investigator

I have the EE Smart Router and 3 discs dotted around the house to ensure full coverage... and this has been working nicely... but suddenly the discs seem to be taking it in turns to have a poor connection...

Last week it was the one in the dining room that started pretending it was a disco light (changing from yellow to blue and back again)... this week that one is fine but the one in the bedroom has poor connectivity.

Any suggestions... the discs were placed with the help of EE when the system was set up... I haven't moved them and I have not built any new walls in my house (I know signal strength can be impacted by strange stuff in the house like walls and furniture)!!

Is there anything I can do to make them play nicely together?

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@DonnaP13  when the discs start flashing the lights what is the route to doing at this time? Do you have a drop in Wi-Fi connection when you are actually connected to the router?     You can use the EE home app to see what devices are connected to the router so you can see if your device when connected to the router has a Wi-Fi connection issue.    The disks  have probably got a drop of connection to the router so it could be the router at fault and not the disk’s.      While you could have 1 faulty disk the chance’s of more than one is remote especially if it’s one disk one week and a different disk the week after. 

Router is doing it's thing, everything else is connected and devices connected to other discs and the router itself are working normally.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DonnaP13,

Do your devices actually drop their WiFi connections when the lights change on the discs?

Your disc is still working when the light changes to yellow, it just means the connection is slightly weaker than it could be.

James