cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected from Home Broadband for over a month

sqlconsumer
Visitor

Hi,

I'm an EE customer and at the end of May I applied to upgrade my copper broadband to full fibre. A Openreach Engineer visited our property. He removed the copper cables and old router. Replacing them with a new fibre cable and router. Since May 29th we haven't had any broadband. Despite numerous calls to EE the only feedback is that Openreach have a fault and can't close the 'wholesale job'.

I'm considering exiting my EE contract and taking a new one up with another provider. However, EE have pointed out that all the other providers excluding Virgin use Openreach infrastructure and have stated I would have the same loss of connectivity until Openreach resolve the issue.

It appears to be impossible to contact Openreach and speak to someone. So I'm writing here to understand if others are affected and if the problem is across all providers?

Do Openreach themselves ever comment on these forums and provide feedback?

2 REPLIES 2
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sqlconsumer,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there is a fault on your fibre line.

It is correct that the majority of fixed line broadband providers use the openreach network.

It isn't possible for you to contact openreach directly about your fibre installation. EE, as your service provider will be in touch with them to resolve the problem.

I'd recommend contacting Customer Care for an update on the fault. 

They'll be happy to help.

James

Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@sqlconsumer   whilst it is unusual for a fault to go on for that length of time, you should keep in contact with the Broadband Care Team, who should be able to get information from Openreach re their plans to rectify the problem.

It would also be worth speaking with your neighbours, and for them to share and pass on any information they have. Perhaps set up a Whatsapp group, or use any neighbourhood watch groups to help keep in touch.

As has been mentioned, if you don't have access to VM or any other Alnet providers you will get the same issue from other suppliers relying on Openreach.

Hope you get things sorted soon.