cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband transfer

Charlyrodgers
Explorer

Hi,

I am currently tied into a contract with EE broadband which I am happy with. I am moving into a new house soon where there is an existing BT internet connection paid for by the other occupant (who will remain living there also). They are not in a contract but are on a monthly rolling basis.

It would make sense for the EE account to transfer over to that address. I know if you move from BT to EE on a ‘new contract’ the process is very quick and simple and wonder if there is a way of doing this with the two accounts, ie turn off the BT connection and transfer it to my EE one.

Basically I’m trying to avoid the hassle of cancelling BT and having to line up the connection date of the EE account being transferred to my new address, if the two can be linked as I know they’re managed by the same parent company.

Thanks,

Charly

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

By asking EE to Arrange my BB move to the new property it will replace & cancel the existing BT BB. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Charlyrodgers

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Please give our broadband team a call. 

The team can arrange for the broadband to be transferred to the new property and take over the existing line. 

Katie

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

By asking EE to Arrange my BB move to the new property it will replace & cancel the existing BT BB. 

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Charlyrodgers
Explorer

Thanks both,

Will this work even if I am not the named account holder on the existing BT broadband connection at the address, or will I need that person to give some sort of authorisation?

Yes, think how it'll happen if you were moving to a new place that the old occupiers were selling. In fact they will be informed by their own ISP that somebody was trying to take over their line & giving them 2 weeks to object.