cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT to EE whilst in contract

wizzywig27
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Is it possible to move from BT to EE whilst still in contact with BT? Numerous posts over the EE and BT forums saying people have managed it, yet when I ring 0800800150 (as suggested on EE website) they say computer says no.

i want to WiFi 6 router and 1.6gbps speed.

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

BT is encouraging users to migrate to New EE BB & many users here say they waive any termination fees. I think you have to it thro' BT themselves, not EE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
wizzywig27
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I’ve called BT twice and both times told I couldn’t do it

garetc
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Did you manage to get migrated over? Def possible.

I don't expect too much from the new EE Smart Hub it's not ready for consumer use especially for the 1.6Gbps service they're offering.

A few of us on the 'busiest home' package have gone out and bought our own routers because the new EE router can't handle the speeds. The ethernet ports are limited to 1Gbps and Wifi 6 can barely manage 900Mbps in the same room.

pyrotenax
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I managed to swap to EE 1.6Gbps service whilst still with BT

Used the EE broadband checker to verify it was available at my address (BT site only shows 900Mbps)

Called "150" to explain I wanted the 1.6Gbps service. They confirmed I need to pay remaing couple of months of my BT contract off. Happy to do so.

Joined EE as new fibre customer. Gets swapped over on 1st March.

Order tracking on my EE App confirms. And confirmation engineer booking via txt t replace existing ONT

pyrotenax
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Have a unifi Wifi7 setup at home .... Looking forward to make some use out of it 👍

garetc
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I think you've done over by the EE Guide. 

Customers from BT are able to freely migrate to EE without any additional credit check or termination fees. I migrated over 2 months ago with 11 months remaining on my BT account.

garetc
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

How is it? I've got the Linksys Velop Wifi 7 mesh system and it's 'OK' get about 1500Mbps down on a good day on my S24 Ultra.

GosforthUK
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Moving between BT and EE (even if this involve as You will be "new" customer of EE, instead migration) , DO NOT involve early termination fees!

You DO NOT change supplier in fact, due BT and EE are in fact the same provider, and there is no way, they should penalize You @pyrotenax with requirement to pay the remaining months of your contract...

Moved both mobile (under contract), and broadband (under contract), and ceased my DV and EE TV (whilst they can't move them back in time - again, under contract), WITHOUT any penalty fees, and even without connection fees. They simply waived them completely...

@GosforthUK : You DO change ISPs so it is a migration. BT & EE are separate ISPs in Ofcom's eyes. That is a separate point from whether you pay BT's leaving fees.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)