cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Smart Hub 2/EE SH20A Smart Hub.

Mitch310
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, We have received our broadband equipment ahead of our activation on Tuesday.  The order was done through BT. We were expecting a BT Smart Hub 2 router but got an EE SH20A (2023) unit. I'm told they are much the same operationally.

The EE Smart Hub (2023) has an EE SSID, and I wanted to ask anyone who has this hub if it is the BT Hub Manager you log in to using 192.168.1.254 or EE's, and are they the same? The instruction book says to use the My BT app to control the router but the EE website says to download the My EE app. In short, does this EE Smart Hub use the BT Hub Manager software if it is supplied by BT?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mitch310 wrote:

The EE Smart Hub (2023) has an EE SSID

It would do! It's an EE router. You may change the SSIDs to anything you like.

When you connect to it at http://192.168.1.254 is the page headed by "EE Smart Hub Manager"?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for your reply. I can't connect until line activation next week. I signed up for BT broadband and was sent an EE SH20A Smart Hub router - was expecting a BT Smart Hub 2. I understand that EE tech support is dealt with by BT and the instruction book with the router says to use the BT app to control the settings so I wasn't sure if the Hub Manager was BT software too?

The manual says it works the same as the Smart Hub 2.

Thanks.

You may connect to any router's management console w/out it being connected to BB. So you may immediately find out what flavour of Hub Manager it has. I did wonder why you weren't just taking a peek at it.

EE tech support is handled by EE. EE & BT are 2 separate ISPs that happen to be subsidiaries of the BT Group.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bobpullen
Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

The firmware running on the EE SH20A and BTSH2 is the same as far as I am aware, and the management console is neutrally branded.

Yes. I think they are the same. I think this is part of BT's plans to make EE the consumer side of their operations and have BT deal with the Business side (or so I read).