cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average Speeds Full Fibre 500/900

MichaelS2
Visitor

Hi

I am currently with BT on their Full Fibre 900 package (900/110) and it is due for renewal, they are currently offering £56 per month, where as EE will do it for £50 as im an EE mobile customer.

However with BT over the past 2 years the connection has been rock solid and speeds are great (using my own router and wifi access points), wired always seems to be between 850 and 930mbps) and wifi tops out at around 800mpbs (wifi 6).

However I have noticed that EE don't seem to have as good as average speed (according to partner websites), for the 500 package it is 300average and the 900 package seems to be around 550 average).

Can anyone with real world experience of these packages on EE give me a true reflection? Wired connection only please as lots of things can affect the Wifi and don't want to complicate things?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @MichaelS2  welcome to the forum.

I am not sure you will get too many answers on here to your question, not many people are lucky enough to get those speeds. Those that do have complained, and it seems the standard router, like the BT one needed a tweak/update. Using your own router if it is fast enough seems a good way forward.

In theory you should get the same speeds as BT, as both use the same fibre and BTW network, only the authentication is a little different.

HTH.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @MichaelS2  welcome to the forum.

I am not sure you will get too many answers on here to your question, not many people are lucky enough to get those speeds. Those that do have complained, and it seems the standard router, like the BT one needed a tweak/update. Using your own router if it is fast enough seems a good way forward.

In theory you should get the same speeds as BT, as both use the same fibre and BTW network, only the authentication is a little different.

HTH.