cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APP control is broken

Coupec
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The app broadband control tab is broken, everytime I try to go on it it says something went wrong and your trying to fix it, I don’t believe that and it’s been like that since my service started so something is clearly wrong. I’ve tried to uninstall etc and that has not helped. 

Can I get some help with this issue please.

64 REPLIES 64
Coupec
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I changed it because I think I might have sorted it (not 100% sure though) Just when first setting up my internet there was EE WIFI and it looks like it was coming from my hub, it was completely open so I’m assuming it is like the OG BT open zone, I’m not even sure if that’s still a thing but guessed that’s what is is/was. If you do know anything about it, please let me know anyway just so I’m properly informed.

There is no EE/BT WiFi SSID set up on the EE SH+.

It would be more helpful not to remove such significant content from your OP but to further post that you thought you had solved it yourself.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Coupec
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Apologies for that, any idea about the app issue? Still not working today.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Coupec

Is this the Home App?

If yes, and it is still not working for you please give us a call on 150. 

Katie

Coupec
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi,

It’s both the home app not detecting the network no matter what I do and the Broadband Control tab on the main EE app. Both seem to be completely broken for me. 

Coupec
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

IMG_1634.png

IMG_1635.png

 That’s screenshots of both apps.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for providing screenshots of the error messages you are seeing @Coupec

Please give our technical care team a call on 150 so they can look into this further for you. 

Katie

I'm not clear on this Broadband Control tab on the main EE app.  Is it under  Manage > Set-up WiFi Controls? Show us it before you click it. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Eddy2760
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I’m having the same issue with my new smart hub plus… I called 150 and keeps putting me through to someone from BT who says they have no idea what I’m on about… then get transferred to someone who’s supposed to know and they say delete the app and reinstall… already done that… 3 times… and still not working and it also says I ain’t allowed to view this page on the app under broadband 🤣🤣 pics to follow

IMG_3426.png

IMG_3425.png

Eddy
Coupec
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

IMG_1640.jpeg

 It’s even mentioned in the set up guide with the hub, I can’t take a picture tonight but will in the morning. Either way I’ve had so many problems, and now at least 3 or 4 software issues, I’m debating cancelling within my 14 days and moving over to City Fibre. Especially seeing as now another person has the same issue. I’ve wasted many hours now trying to sort problems out on the phone etc that honestly shouldn’t be a problem some of which if someone with no tech knowledge encounter, would have either no idea they were having the problem or would just accept it which really isn’t on a customer to do when they have paid for a service/product. It shouldn’t take years of tech experience to be able to be able to identify these things. Normal everyday people would not know and just think they are getting what they paid for.