Introducing the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE

Charlotte
Former EE Community Manager

Hello all!

Today sees the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 LTE, which joins the iPad and iPad mini as the newest 4GEE tablet. Before launching, I gave the Note 10.1 LTE a test run to bring you the lowdown on this superfast device So, as always, here is what I thought…

front without display.jpg

back.jpg

above.jpg side.jpg

A mix between the Samsung Galaxy Siii LTE and the Samsung Note LTE, the Note 10.1 LTE gives you everything you’d expect from a Samsung product.

The 10.1” WXGA LCD display, just like Siii LTE is extremely vivid and clear, and the transition between applications runs smoothly thanks to the Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) OS and 1.4GHz Exynose Quad-Core processor. 

display.jpg

Not being much of a gamer myself, I thought I’d at least have a go at Temple Run (this is about as extreme as I’ll go gaming-wise) so that I could report back how the OS and display supports game-play. Apart from getting addicted to running away from a bunch of hysterical birds (are they birds? Those creepy things anyways), I can also report that the clear picture and integrated movement sensor made my rare gaming experience a joy.

The Note 10.1 LTE also has two cameras; a 5 Megapixel Auto Focus camera with LED flash on the back and a 1.9 megapixel camera on the front, which supports both photos and video. You also get the choice of a few simple, but fun, settings including panoramic shot and cartoon that turns you into, well, a cartoon.

And as for its features, there are lots. And good ones at that.

My favourites included Pop-up play and multiscreen, another attempt from Samsung to make sure you’re able to do everything you need to do… all at the same time.

twin display.jpg

And just like the Note LTE handset, they’ve included the S Pen and S Note, which allows you to write hand-written notes and add annotations to your media.

S pen.jpg

A fun, personalised touch to the tablet, which I thought was a handy tool for scribbling down ideas or messages. Like this…

hello community.jpg

The S Pen can also be used to navigate around the tablet, which to me was a welcomed addition, especially if you suddenly get finger fatigue.

Overall, I think it looks and works great, and is a good contender in the tablet stakes – especially when paired with 4GEE speeds!

Interested? You can find out more by checking out the official website

Charlotte Smiley Happy