cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

new phone, new sim

petunia
Explorer

Hi, I received my new phone and new sim today, i've put the new sim into the new phone but it says it's not registered.  i want to keep my phone number too.  i have a sim pin number and a PUK number but don't know if i need to enter either and if i do, i don't know how to enter them.  maybe i missed the notification to enter them when i first put the sim in, if so do i need to remove and re-enter my sim card ?

new phone is Samsung A21s. thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @petunia 

You've not said how you obtained your new phone, but I would assume this is a pay-monthly upgrade.

If that is the case, EE often supply replacement SIMs with upgrade phones incase, for whatever reason, your existing SIM is unsuitable or doesn't work.

If your existing SIM still works, and fits the SIM slot on your new phone, then use it and "file" the replacement SIM as you see fit.

If your existing SIM doesn't work in your new phone for whatever reason, then you will need to activate it using the link on this page.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @petunia 

You've not said how you obtained your new phone, but I would assume this is a pay-monthly upgrade.

If that is the case, EE often supply replacement SIMs with upgrade phones incase, for whatever reason, your existing SIM is unsuitable or doesn't work.

If your existing SIM still works, and fits the SIM slot on your new phone, then use it and "file" the replacement SIM as you see fit.

If your existing SIM doesn't work in your new phone for whatever reason, then you will need to activate it using the link on this page.

@bristolian thank you, i did go to that page before but didn't realise that one of the options was a link, but found it this time after your reply so thank you.