cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Why is upgrading through the website so broken?

alexjfox
Investigator
Investigator

I have an iPhone 8+ due for upgrade next month (NUMBER A), I also have a data sim in an iPad mini (NUMBER B). I have tried every feasible way I can to select upgrade options for my phone. I ensure that NUMBER A is selected and the correct device is shown and click the upgrade button, I'm then taken to a new page and a banner creeps in from the top of the screen saying "Hey, you're ready to upgrade NUMBER B!, great!".

I've turned off all adblocking plugins and even used an incognito tab in case something on my end was interfering with a site script and confusing it, but I get the same result. I was also going to add a cellular Apple watch to my account but didn't because in the checkout stage it was listing NUMBER B as my contact details!

EE, you need to fix your site, I have had numerous problems with it over the years, it's quite simply awful and not fit for purpose.

6 REPLIES 6
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @alexjfox

Thank you for taking the time to come to the community and leave this feedback.

I am sorry to hear this is happening when you are looking to upgrade. 

Have you been able to view your options since your post?

The contact details for your Apple Watch can be amended, these details are simply for delivery information. 

Katie 🙂

Hi @Katie_B, no, unfortunately, the same thing happens today:

You can see that the correct device is initially displayed. I then click Upgrade Now:

1.PNG

The next screen presents a banner with the wrong number, I click See Upgrade Options regardless:

2.PNG

I'm then taken to an upgrade selection option showing my data sim: 

1.PNG

I'm not sure why I would see any upgrades for a data sim.

Apparently my photos don't post here either!

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for the explanation on this, @alexjfox.

Could you try deleting your cache and cookies to see if this helps?

Jon

Hi @Jon_K, I've tried all the usual stuff, I've used an incognito Chrome window and even tried with Edge, which I never use for anything! I think the fundamental problem is that for some reason there is a "flag" on the data sim saying it's due for upgrade. That shouldn't be a thing in my book. I'm going to try a live chat to see if I can get it resolved.

Also I noticed I duplicated screenshots in my previous post because it was throwing errors at me, the correct third screenshot is this one:

3.png

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @alexjfox.

Let us know how you get on with our Live Chat team.

Jon