cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Why don’t EE call centre agents follow up on their promises?

NEJimpy
Visitor

I’m new here and my recent (ongoing) upgrade fiasco has left me with mixed feelings. 

Caution; long and ranty!

I tried to upgrade recently to the Huawei Mate 20 Pro, I placed the order online and opted for the twilight colour and used a NHS discount code that I’m entitled to.  After a while I wondered why I wasn’t getting any dispatch information as it was showing as ‘in stock’.  I rang up and spoke to a really friendly agent who explained that the twilight colour was out of stock and if I opted for the black colour, she would make sure it would be dispatched that day and with me the next day, also knocking off an extra £5 a month.  I thought that was an awesome offer so went ahead and amended the order.  I even left her great feedback, mostly for the way she spoke to me.

When I wasn’t getting any order tracking information, because I needed to change work plans so I could pop home to be in for delivery, I rang up and spoke to another agent who said it was all fine, he could see what the girl had done and I would be getting delivery information in the next couple of hours.

Later that night (yesterday) I rang up just before the EE call centre closed and spoke to another guy, also a really friendly chap, explained that the first agent I spoke to didn’t put the new order through correctly and hadn’t cancelled the original order.  He cancelled the twilight colour handset (got a text to confirm that while on the phone) and said it would be another 24 hours before the new one could be ordered.  He said due to being messed around and “lied to” (his words) he would sort out extra compensation.  He apologised and said he would call me back (today).

So today in the evening, after not getting this phone call back, I rang up again.  I spoke with another girl and she had to put the order through again!  This time its coming up that the black handset is out of stock now and have to wait at least a week.  I understand that this wasn’t her fault,  I just accepted it.  

I was however a little annoyed that I had to convince her to look into my file (no idea if any of the previous was on there) to get this extra £5 that was offered by the first agent.  It was explained that it was difficult to get this approved by her manager because of the original NHS discount.  Now, I never asked for that extra £5 from the first agent, but when it’s offered and then I’m being made to feel like its me being cheeky, I don’t appriciate that.

Out of curiosity I asked about the guy who offered me some kind of “extra compensation”, now I’m feeling really cheeky but again, this was offered, not asked for. She went away and came back and said she would get him to phone me before the end of the night, if for some reason he didnt, she would phone me just before the call centre closed.  This time has now come and gone.  I feel like I’m just being constantly lied to!

I’m well aware that the discount on top of the extra money off is still an insanely great deal and like I said above, I understand about stock issues so don’t get annoyed about stuff like that.  What’s annoying is being brazenly told about call backs and then not following up.  I used to work in a call centre and always phoned people back if I said I would!  

Rant over!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @NEJimpy.

Welcome to the community. 

I am very sorry to hear what has happened with your order. 

I would love to look into this, I have sent you a private message for some further information. 

Katie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Katie_B

Good Morning @NEJimpy.

Welcome to the community. 

I am very sorry to hear what has happened with your order. 

I would love to look into this, I have sent you a private message for some further information. 

Katie

wshawesq
Explorer

Yes, I have been with most providers and have found EE customer services by far the worst. Sometimes after a phone call you get a text confirming what action they have taken. These texts are sparse and vague often containing a link to their main website which when clicked contains standard bumph that just confuses you more. I cancelled my mobile phone with them but they continued charging me because I didn't use the PUK code. This morning I spoke to one of their telephonist who appeared very arrogant. She started most sentences with 'All I can do is....'. She showed totally no empathy or understanding of my situation. 6 hours later and I have not received any confirmation of what will be done. If I have to ring back all it will do is raise my blood pressure. EE Show some respect for your leaving customers, you never know they may come back. Highly unlikely in my case. 

wshawesq
Explorer

I agree, worst customer services for giving you actual Help. 

Katie_B

Good Afternoon @wshawesq

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this has happened, I would love to see if I can help further. 

What was advised when you spoke with one of our agents?

If a PAC code is not used the contract will continue, once a PAC has been provided to your new network this then closes down your EE account. 

If you do not require to keep your number I would recommend a standard disconnection. 

Speak shortly, 

Katie 🙂