cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Use new 5GEE device with Orbi Pro

dara7
Investigator
Investigator

I recently purchased the new 5GEE device with an unlimited data plan, fantastic speeds and much better than fixed broadband (fibre not available in our area)

Is there a way to configure the device to use with an Orbi Pro WiFI 6 system as the main source of internet.

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Eh? The source of your Internet is the SIM in the router. A Mesh system is a source of WiFi.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yep SIM in the 5GEE device is the source of the internet 

Just to clarify, yes the SIM in the 5GEE device is the source of the internet. However, I cannot get the Orbi Pro 6 Wifi Mesh system to recognise the 5GEE device either using WiFi connection or ethernet. Essentially, I'm trying to offload the internet from the 5GEE device to the Orbi Pro 6? (apologies if the terms aren't quite right)

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dara7,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Netgear Support will be best placed to help you setup your Mesh system.

Thanks

James