cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrading to fibre without landline. Who cancels the existing landline?

Jiffy59
Investigator
Investigator

I currently have a landline through BT and broadband via EE.

I want to upgrade to EE fibre without a landline, but I'm confused as to what happens with the landline. Will EE cancel that on my behalf as part of the upgrade, or do I need to contact BT separately? If it's down to me when should I cancel it?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

With EE being part of the BT family they may be able to cancel it for you if you call to make the order.

Why not give them a ring and ask.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

EE will cancel it along with your current EE BB, even if the landline is with EE or another.

I did this back in Nov. from my EE ADSL BB hosted on a BT landline. EE took care of it all. They will use your existing landline to host your EE Fibre BB even tho' you will no longer have use of it as a phone nor own that no.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

That's good to know. Many thanks for the info.

I've taken the plunge and started the upgrade process. Do you recall if both your old and new broadband accounts were visible in MyEE during the transition period? At the moment I can see both my current ADSL account and the new fibre account in there.

Both were visible until EE itself by mistake slammed my Fibre line. Then the old ADSL a/c disappeared. Otherwise I would still expect to see both.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks. That's reassuring and worrying, but good to know!