cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Upgrade

Green3
Explorer

I rang EE earlier to upgrade my phone. Costs were considerably more expensive than comparison websites. When I queried this I was told it’s because I would be a priority network user so would have a much stronger signal as 3rd parties do not have this priority. It was explained as having priority as in motorway traffic being filtered through first. Is this true? I’ve never heard this before. How is it even possible? I always used to use Carphone Warehouse for all my upgrades previously so perhaps I have always had a ‘budget’ signal? Some confirmation on this would be greatly received.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @Green3 

For the most part this is sales garbage. The EE network you sign up for through any third-party seller is the same EE network that anyone walking into an EE shop is buying into.

There is an element of truth, predominantly if you're buying an Android phone, some third party resellers have form in sourcing their handsets from non-UK sources. Which is fine, until you come to use services such as 4G-calling & WiFi-calling.. when they aren't guaranteed to work. Not having 4G calling for example, does mean you won't get access to EE's extended range 800Mhz coverage.

Other than that, sales tripe - nothing more, nothing less!

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Green3   That’s a load of rubbish.  You can get your contract from where you like and you’ll receive the same service as anyone who got there contract directly from EE.   Whoever you spoke too was just trying to pull a fast one on you.  

Thank you for your message. To confirm, I was trying to upgrade my IPhone to another IPhone. I’m staggered that they are allowed to lie like this.

Thank you. Dreadful that they are allowed to lie like this.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Green3

I am very sorry to hear you have been advised incorrectly.

If you need any further help, please let me know.

Leanne.