cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G LTE

The_Chef
Explorer

Hi there,

I've got Samsung Galaxy watch 4G LTE and a Samsung smartphone (on EE pay monthly plan). Both devices bought directly in EE shop. I did manage to connect my watch to my phone using the instruction in this thread. Everything seems to be ok apart from sending text messages from my watch. When my phone is turned off I can make calls from my watch but i'm unable to text due to error message that watch i trying to connect with my phone. On EE website it actucally says that with LTE watch I can leave my phone at home and use the watch for calls, texts, emails, etc. Why it is not working???

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@The_Chef   You can leave the phone at home but it needs to be switched on for you to send text messages from the watch as the message centre number is on the phone not the watch. Your texts are sent via the message centre number.  

Morning,

Thanks for you reply. Unfortunately, still doesn't work. Here is what I've already done.

1. Phone on, data on, wifi on, location on and watch on, data on. I can make phone calls and receive them but when it comes to send a text message I'm receiving an error message that watch is trying to establish connection between phone and watch and if it takes too long to try again... Obviously I did hundred of times without any success.

2. Phone on, data off, wifi off, location off and on the watch data on wifi off. Same issue as above.

3. Phone on, bluetooth on, data on, wifi on, location on and on the watch all on. I can finally send text messages from my watch but only if it's close to my phone....

Please can you advise?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @The_Chef

Thanks for getting back to us and providing such detailed information regarding the steps you have taken. 

I would love to see if we can look into this further for you. 

When you have a moment please check your inbox and get back to me, 

Katie