cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Reusing old, valid, top up card? (foreign visitor)

themgnt
Explorer

I'll be returning to the UK in a few weeks. Last time I was there we picked up some pay as you go sims to use during our visit. We still have the sims and the top up cards, and they say they're valid until 2026. I was last there in 2017.

Can I still use the card? Just top it up for a month, insert the sim and off I go? How would I go about this?

I created an account here thinking I could top up but it's not recognizing the phone number as valid.

Also, I'm thrown off because the sims are unused. I clearly remember pocketing my local sims and reinserting them on the plane home but I have no idea on what was removed. I doubt all our phones were/are esim compatible from back then?

Thanking in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @themgnt 

The SIM will be dead if you haven't made a chargeable call since 2017. Please see EE hibernation policy.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/What-is-pay-as-you-go-and-flex-hibernation-and-how-do-I-...

You will need to pick up a new PAYG SIM when you arrive in the UK.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @themgnt 

The SIM will be dead if you haven't made a chargeable call since 2017. Please see EE hibernation policy.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/What-is-pay-as-you-go-and-flex-hibernation-and-how-do-I-...

You will need to pick up a new PAYG SIM when you arrive in the UK.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks! Appreciate the quick response.