cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Received bad advice in store. Now my warranty is voided.

Viazon
Explorer

So, last Saturday, my phone suddenly stopped working. Nothing happened to it to warrant it. I was literally just watching videos on YouTube when it suddenly started pixelating and eventually just stopped working.

I took it into my local EE store the next day. They said they could send it in for repairs but it could take up to 10 days. I was ok with that but they told me they had no available phones to offer as a loan. Seeing as I desperately needed a phone, that wasn't an option for me. And at the time, I had no access to a spare phone. Unable to help me, the suggested I take it to a local repair shop to see if they could fix it. In my desperation, I took their advice and took it to a repair shop, who gave me a loaner phone while they had it.

The repair shop were unable to solve the issue. In the meantime, I was able to secure a spare phone from a family member that I could use. I retrieved my phone from the repair shop. Seeing as I now had a spare phone, I took it back to EE to see if they could go through with the repairs. I explained the situation and that I had taken it to a repair shop. They still sent it off for repairs.

The repair centre have gotten into contact with me and told me that they can see it has been worked on by a third party and as such is no longer under warranty. I explained the situation and they suggest I call up the EE complaints department. I called them an explained the situation. They said that not only should a staff member not have told me to go to a repair shop, but they should not have sent it in the repairs if they knew it had been to one. They suggested that I go into the EE store and speak to the manager and explain the situation to see if they can help me, which I plan on doing tomorrow.

I am just wondering before I go in, what is the likelihood that they will reimburse me with a new phone? Seeing as it looks like I will either have to pay a lot for repairs or just get told they can't work on it?

1 REPLY 1
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Viazon

I am very sorry to hear about your experience in store.

Please let us know how you get on after you have been back to the store tomorrow?

Speak soon. 

Leanne.