cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Re: Unlocking your EE mobile phone or device

jacksb
Contributor
Contributor

So I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max and I wanted to get it unlocked tonight so I text 150 as I did last time I wanted to unlock an older phone. This time it came back saying my phone is already unlocked, now I've obviously not had the phone for 18 months as it's not been out that long and I've never known EE ship me an unlocked phone before, so is the information it sent me saying the phone is already unlocked 100% going to be correct? 

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@jacksb : Maybe you didn't buy it direct from EE? 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jacksb 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Where did you originally purchase the iPhone? 

Have you tried another network SIM card in the phone? 

Leanne 🙂

@jacksb   My 12 pro max came unlocked, my daughters 12 came unlocked.    To confirm the status of the network lock of your device go to settings>general>about and scroll down to network provider lock if it says No Sim Restrictions then the device is unlocked already.      

Just to add both of these iPhone came directly from EE.