cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Making voice calls from the Apple Watch without my phone

TehBoot
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I recently dived into an Apple Watch purchase on EE, opting for the Fitness+ plan. It's my first foray into a wearable device and it made sense to do it through EE, to pair it with my iPhone.

The watch shows that I have an active data plan for it and that it is connected.

I tested making calls from the watch and was quite happy with how easy it was, however it will not make calls if the paired iPhone is not nearby.

My question is, should I be able to make voice calls and send texts when the phone is not nearby?

2 REPLIES 2
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Which watch did you get?

I beleive some can be had with a celular plan, others need the iPhone to carry out some functions.

Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It does sound like there is a problem with the activation, especially with you mentioning "watch shows that I have an active data plan for it and that it is connected" , as the watch should connect to the mobile network when out of bluetooth range of the iPhone,  

When I had trouble getting the mobile data plan activated on my Apple Watch, I was given the below number. From what I can remember, it gets you through to the Apple Watch team, who deal with this kind of stuff. I'm sure the first phone call to them got me up and running. 

‭0800 079 5330‬