cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Ipad10.2

Davidpark1979
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I just got an ipad10.2 from ee for £34 a month, I thought it was an iPad Pro.. just checked I can buy it for £295.. just been looking at it and I don’t think it’s new, looks like an refurbished one. Over 2 years I’d of paid £700 an odd pound for something that’s maybe worth £200, that’s like 400% interest.. am I right that it’s a refurbished? 

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Davidpark1979

Welcome to the community. 

Did you purchase a good as new iPad

Would you like to return the iPad? 

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Not really a like for like comparison.  If you were to buy it outright for circa £295 (you do have that choice!) it would only work with a wifi source, no data would be included.  The EE package includes a monthly data allowance.  What makes you think it is refurbished?  It does appear to be a current model.

Just checked, I don’t think it is a refurbished one. The reason I thought it was refurbished was because it wasn’t sealed. Just checked with my dad , he opened it .do you need to take the monthly subscription with EE or can you just get the iPad on tick?

Sent from my iPhone
I thought it was used as it wasn’t sealed, just checked with my dad n he said he opened it 😂 I don’t need a monthly subscription as it’ll never leave the house.. can’t I just pay for the iPad without a subscription?

Sent from my iPhone

We use our tablet indoors only so don't need a sim so yes you could do that.  You can buy a tablet/iPad as an 'add to plan' but only if you have an EE mobile phone contract.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Davidpark1979

Thanks for coming back to us. 

If you wish to purchase the iPad elsewhere, you can find information on returning the iPad in our How can I return a device bought within the last 14 days, Help page.

Thanks. 

Leanne.