cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

I reset my phone to factory default now need to reactivate the EE payg sim

slapt0p
Investigator
Investigator

So the sim is seen by the (android) which duly connected to 4g for voice and text.....but not data.  Internet access being the primary objective!  The sim is just 3 days into 100GB month contract.

Anyone know how to kick web access back into life?  This morning it had 4 bars and 15/10meg of bandwidth.

Thanks in advance.

Bill

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @slapt0p 

Have you tried restarting your device?

Are you in a good reception area? 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi Northener,

Soft southener here.  Thanks for your interest.

Yes I'm in London and in a good 4bar location. Also, when data does work there's mostly decent bandwidth. Better than THREE.

Basically 4g works only when the phone is streaming data. Any interuption to streaming results in lost internet access (but not 4g conectivity...still 4bars in the 4g icon).  When there is IP connectivity, I have about 20 secs to get a stream going. Once the stream is lost the internet doesn't return without disconnecting the radio from the mast...but even the result of that process is hit and miss. Sometimes it just won't return until the network allows it too. Sometimes switching carrier to and from a 3g protocol kicks it in.

Rebooted x hundreds.   Toggled Aeroplane mode.  Switched Data on/off.  Swapped dual sim card slots (cohabitee is a 3g Virgin) .... and back. Reset APN to default. Tried setting carrier to LTE only.  Reset apn again.

used various Apps to:

-get intimate with my local masts (couldn't force not using my nearest)

-watch ucp pings stopping to signify loss of IP routing

-try various keep awake packets or nano-file transfers in an effort to maintain web access.

Yep. resetting the phone to factory settings made no difference.

I've learned loads of stuff that i don't want to know about.

After this dreadful 4 days, two things did work:

1- Yesterday, I drove from Lewisham to Redhill....Perfect IP service all day. Got back......no IP. Interweb won't connect without a fight, wont stay connected. Most apps U/S.

2-Today I gave up flogging the EE 4G horse and put the old THREE sim back in.  Suddenly the crap bandwidth isn't so bad at all......It just works.

Why do I get the idea that nothing I can do at my end can touch this issue?

There's something wrong with EE 4g locally @Lewisham that doesn't like my phone. Maybe it's blacked. Or maybe it's an area infrastructure issue.  Maybe just my EE mast  I know which it is, but I don't care.

Phone is an Android 10 Doogee S96 Pro.  Luckily I was trialling via a single PAYG month. It's been a hell of a waste of time and effort.  So disappointing.

I did raise it with EE a few days ago and next day they reported it fixed!  Yeah right.

Fine. Well I'm off.

Cheers

Bill

@slapt0p  Try the sim in the other sim slot make sure you reboot the device. 

Thanks but

The sim works fine below layer 3 at home. Away from home everything works......it's not a slot or sim issue.

But.......I did that anyway.  Tried both slots.  Both alone and sharing with other sims.

But thanks anyway.

Are you sure the APN Settings are correct, is it set IPV4/6 if so set this within the APN to IPV4 Only.

With EE SIM in Sim Slot 1 and Mobile Data Turn On, When you go to Phone Info (dial *#*#4636#*#*), note there are two, Phone 0 and Phone 1 (do first one first), one for each SIM Slot 1 and 2, on the Phone Info menu, (three dots, top right) go to menu 'Select Radio Band' set to Automatic or try Europe. Then go Menu again and see if this is set to Enable Data Connection, also within Phone Info go to ' Set Prefered Network Type' from the Drop Down List set this to 'LTE/CDMA/UMTS auto (PRL).

Check all settings and reboot Phone, report back your findings

If need be put EESim in Slot 2 and repeat above within the Second Phone Info.

Hi @slapt0p ,

Although you suspect some issue local to your area, the symptoms described also sound a lot like a power-saving issue so you might wish to double check those relevant settings including allowing network connectivity when the mobile is sleeping or inactive to see if it helps. Good luck!

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net