cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

I can upgrade and im confused

SteveQuinn
Investigator
Investigator

I can upgrade for the first time with EE and I'm confused. First time as I moved from one network to this one.

So, on the previous network I would pay X amount per month which would be the cost of the phone + the contract I.e. texts/calls/data etc. Once the contract term ends and the phone is paid for the monthly sum would drop. Leaving just the bill rolling over each month.

However with EE it's not dropped. I have a Samsung S10 and had it now since 2019. My contract ended in September 2021 but my bill is still around £55, was less back in 2019 but phone companies seem to put up the bills every year.

Why has it not dropped?

I didn't pay anything upfront for my device when I took out this contract in an EE store, I didn't trade in a device neither.

2 REPLIES 2
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @SteveQuinn 

EE currently don't separate the plan charge & device charge you will need to swap to a sim only contract.

Thanks,

David.

Ok so with EE you have to manually request what every other network does automatically until you decide to upgrade your device?