cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Free Xbox with upgrade

Stresspuppy
Investigator
Investigator

Hi first post and sorry if I'm sounding a bit moany, but I recently upgraded my oppo Reno z for an oppo X3 find lite 5g and 10 gig data because of the free Xbox offer. I duely paid the £30.00 upfront cost via PayPal. Received the phone but I have not received a text message informing me of when the Xbox will arrive. Could you please check to see what has caused the delay.

Many thanks. Simon

13 REPLIES 13
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

This user discussion forum can have no access to your specific account. You need to raise this with CS.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Stresspuppy

Thanks for posting 🙂

What date did you place the order for the upgrade? 

Speak soon. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne_T.

The order was placed on the 26th November.

Having done a bit of research it would seem that the Xbox offer ended on the 25th November, but when I upgraded my phone your website still offered me the Xbox as part of the upgrade service because of the model of phone and data package I chose, hense the upfront payment of £30.

Sorry for the late reply, work has been hectic.

James_B

Hi @Stresspuppy,

Our Customer Care Team will be happy to check your eligibility if you get in touch.

Thanks

James

Spoke with Dan a customer service representative based in Ireland judging by his wonderful accent. He assured me that I did meet the criteria for the free Xbox offer and told me that EE would honour the deal as they had already taken the £30 upfront payment. Good news or so I thought, just received a text from EE today stating that I do not meet the criteria for the offer and in short sucks to be me.

Well not quite so fast, my contract with EE was renewed on the basis of upgrading my phone via the offer of a free Xbox series s plus a 10 GB price plan and a £30 one off up front payment for the Xbox. As EE are now welching on the free Xbox offer despite stealing £30 from me then I consider EE to have broken the contract between us, therefore I will cancel my direct debit for EE's services and consider this contract terminated, unless EE reconsiders this matter.

Sincerely Simon.

Katie_B

Hello @Stresspuppy

I am sorry to hear this has happened when you were told you were eligible. 

I have sent you a private message for more details, 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie_B.

Thank you for your reply,

How would i check for a private message, unless i'm missing something i can not find where my private messages are.

Katie_B

Hi @Stresspuppy

Please click THIS LINK

Katie 🙂

Sent, and many thanks for your help.