cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Erratic iMessage notifications

Sammy781
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi all,

does anyone else have the same issue with iMessage notifications not working intermittently?  I get a message, no icon flag to say it’s in, no vibration on Apple Watch to say it’s come in, I only know it came in because I check my messages manually. I have currently iPhone XS on iOS 14.2 . Reboot of phone / deactivated iMessage etc and nothing works, this has been happening for about a week or so now. Then another message may give me notifications through, I’ve had the phone for 2 years now and never had this issue before, the person that texts me the most is on 14.2 also but an iPhone 11 max, but also on EE 

4 REPLIES 4
richardadc
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yep. I’ve got this issue and when I’ve brought it up with friends they’ve all said they’re experiencing it too. 

Sammy781
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I’ve tried loads of things too, even been checking daily for a iOS update but nothing! It’s so annoying. I haven’t reported it to EE tech support as it’s really hard to nail down/ get any screenshots etc as I don’t know the message is there until I manually check. 

Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

If it’s an iMessage you need to report it to Apple.  The message is getting through and it’s a notification issue and that’s down to iOS. 

Sammy781
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Chris_B  thanks For the pointer, I went over to the Apple community forums and seems there’s lots of us reporting it. Seems like iOS is marking the iMessages as read so it doesn’t notify us, if you have read receipts on it tells you the other person has read the message even though they’ve not even seen it!