cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE gate! Incompetent to the core!

Pukinuf2860
Explorer

Recently, they have changed what their pay as you go pack bundles. 

previously, you could select the amount you wish to top up (£10, £20, £30 etc), you would then get 2 options. A more data focused top up or a more talk focused top up. 

so for instance, for £10 you could chose something like (don’t quote me)

data focused pack -

8 GB

300 mins

unlimited texts

or a talk focused pack

4 gb

1000 mins

unlimited texts.

they now only offer one package for each amount. So you can’t chose on Wether or not to have more data with less minutes (vice versa). They state that if you change to the new pack, you will lose ALL your free boost forever, you can never switch back to the old pack, if you chose the new pack, you can only have 6 boosts per number (so you could only ever earn a maximum of 3gb in free boosts. 

I topped up early hours of the morning and wanted to restart my current pack but it was not giving me that option on the automated line. It strictly said, if you switch to the new pack, you can’t go back and you’ll lose all your free boosts. So I specifically waited until they opened at 9, explained that I wanted to restart my current pack and that I definitely did not want to be on the new pack. He did the complete opposite and switched me to the new pack and now I’ve lost my guaranteed 10gb free boost every month. They are being **bleep**holes. I told them to listen to the call and they have absolutely **bleep**ed up. They are refusing me to help telling me I couldn’t switch back. Absolutely livid. 

look at the following picture and tell me how you perceive what it’s telling you. It’s a screenshot of my EE app on my phone with regards to allowances. 

https://ibb.co/n6pCpgz

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

@Pukinuf2860  You just top up and you don’t need to do anything about keeping the same pack you already have. If I can have the funds on your account your pack will auto renew.   Obviously if you change to the newer packs you cannot go back to your original pack as it’s no longer been offered.  EE are well within their right to change what they sell. 

XRaySpeX
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

You don't lose your existing Boosts if you switch to the new packs. You are just limited to 6 additional auto data Boosts every 2 months from the new packs. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)